February 15, 2015
WCA Services, Inc. Creates Advisory Committee
WCA Services, Inc. has created an advisory committee of local government and school officials to assist the company in identifying the needs for specific programming and services, as well as to act as a sounding board for new companies and products being offered through WCA Services, Inc.
The 2015 WCA Services, Inc. Advisory Committee members include:
• Mark Abeles-Allison, Bayfield County Administrator
• Jason Dzwinel, Ozaukee County Human Resources/Assistant County Administrator
• Erin E. Gerred, Fond du Lac County Director of Administration
• Kevin Hamann, Oconto County Administrative Coordinator
• Lisa Kalata, Forest County Clerk
• Amy Kaup, Wood County MIS Director
• Caroyln Ninedorf, Dane County Purchasing Agent
• Andrew K. Pederson, Village Manager, Village of Bayside
• Robert Riedl, Kenosha County Personnel Director
• Lois Schepp, Columbia County Comptroller
• Chad Trowbridge, Chippewa Falls Area Unified School District
“The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to discuss and review potential product and service endorsements that could benefit local governments,” said WCA Chief of Staff J. Michael Blaska. “Using the combined purchasing power of Wisconsin local governments, WCA Services, Inc. has been successful in providing products and services at prices local units of government could not otherwise obtain. The addition of this committee will help us learn from those on the front lines of service delivery about the needs that are out there in our communities and potential solutions.”
The Wisconsin Counties Association Board of Directors created WCA Services, Inc. in 1997 with the goal of offering products, services and endorsements to assist government and public entities to operate more efficiently and cost effectively.
When the Wisconsin Counties Association Board of Directors created WCA Services, Inc. in 1997, they had a simple mission in mind: offer products, services and endorsements to assist government and public entities to operate more efficiently and cost effectively.
The product and service offerings from WCA Services, Inc. are expansive and provide counties opportunities in areas such as, but not limited to, dental insurance, permanent life insurance, long-term care insurance, no-cost prescription drug discounts for all county residents, retirement solutions and cooperative purchasing.
Additional programs include cyber security training and risk management for IT professionals; employment and staffing solutions, access to low cost tax-exempt financing for local governments and private entities, and a liability insurance company for cities, towns, villages and school districts through Community Insurance Corporation.